hounsell

OSBA - Release a week(-ish) - Windows 10 build 10036 Professional x64

51 posts in this topic

Here's the first release of our work-in-progress Release a week.

It's a bit of a rush job I'm afraid, no pretty nfo to speak of, but here's the magnet link for you all to get going.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:A2E0412C2D8AA3BE91E1D32FEAE59188BDCE6457&dn=10036.0.150306-2322.FBL_IMPRESSIVE_CLIENTPRO-CORE_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce
Alt link: Kickass Torrents

Good luck and enjoy the beta.

Our quick NFO:

osbetaarchive.net brings this release - say hi to wzor for us :)

we promise to have a real nfo next time.

size: 3,653,523,456 bytes
sha1: 5f94a2f08f92d86ade9bb5d2430ecec029104275
Here's a screen from my Surface Pro 3:

86l4.png

Ugh, I think I'm getting used to the new ugly icons. Thanks Hounsel.

I know what you mean. I've made peace with them already. Maybe that's Microsoft's plan.

I've always thought if the icons were the biggest problem with the OS, then the OS is pretty damn good.

Also based on that screen, I'm not entirely a fan of the places list being text only. Looks weird against the icons below it. 

Also thanks Hounsell.

Ugh, I think I'm getting used to the new ugly icons. Thanks Hounsel.

I love Windows 10 icons, they are ok cause I love flat/metro/minimalistic design btw better this recycle bin icon than one from win vista lol.

Looks great. Does this build actually allow you to display the list of available wifi-networks without having the underlying service (can't recall its name) crash ?

I've always thought if the icons were the biggest problem with the OS, then the OS is pretty damn good.

Also based on that screen, I'm not entirely a fan of the places list being text only. Looks weird against the icons below it. 

Also thanks Hounsell.

I feel like I'm one of the few that doesn't really care about the icons. Performance ftw.

Thanks for the build

I was messing with reg trying to get control panel update again to hide drivers so I can install my custom drivers

I messed something up

Can you tell me what you have at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/WindowsUpdate/UX and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/WindowsUpdate/UX/settings I was able to re-add control panel update, but now windows won't check for updates

Thanks for the build

I was messing with reg trying to get control panel update again to hide drivers so I can install my custom drivers

I messed something up

Can you tell me what you have at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/WindowsUpdate/UX and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/WindowsUpdate/UX/settings I was able to re-add control panel update, but now windows won't check for updates

Yeah seems that registry hack is no longer working in 10036 which is a pain because I know all about wanting to hide borked drivers.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX]

"IsConvergedUpdateStackEnabled"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings]

"UxOption"=dword:00000000

Looks great. Does this build actually allow you to display the list of available wifi-networks without having the underlying service (can't recall its name) crash ?

Actually, I did hit this problem this morning, so I guess it's not completely fixed. It does work for me most of the time though.

Wzor leaked all other files from this build 33 minutes ago, (Pro x86, Ent x86).

I also did have this wifi problem but I didn't have to restart the network service, it didn't crashed.