Recently Added Posts
cyanogenmod12.ts - Yesterday, 09:13 PM
In regards to who? In regards to my desktop layout.
Blizzardo1 - Yesterday, 07:37 PM
This physically hurt me. In regards to who?
Windows 10 USB Issues
larryvogel - Yesterday, 03:27 PM
Having the same issue. Installed Win 10 yesterday, and upon booting it up it will not recog...
Longhorn M2 definitely was something
Solarstone2149 - Yesterday, 10:40 AM
best thing is the earlier builds if they ever come out can be inserted into XP now there a...
10532 is out.
flobo09 - Yesterday, 10:11 AM
There it is, both previous install and temporary installation files :
Use #ShareYourDesktop or this post for your last day August 2015 Desktops and September 2015 Desktops too.
165 Views · 6 Replies ( Last reply by cyanogenmod12.ts )
I was wondering how many of you, if any are experiencing USB issues thus far in Windows 10. I have been on the insider program from the beginning and have also used many leaked releases. I have found that consistently throughout I've seen issues with USB. Here are my issues:
- Ejecting USB drive almost never works, always get the error that the drive / files are in use.
- Plugging in my USB headset I find that I sometimes have to change ports or plug/unplug a few times for Windows 10 to recognize it (this seems to be much better since 10130 and may even be resolved as far as I can tell in 10135).
- Rebooting with an external USB drive still connected either causes failure for the drive to be recognized or a hardware startup error on the USB hub (found in the device manager) or both. Simply plugging / unplugging the drive fixes the issue and removing the failed device and scanning for new hardware in device manager fixes the failed device.
About my setup:
- I can dual boot with Windows 7 and none of these issues exist.
- My MB is an ASUS IV Extreme.
- For all the issues above I've only been testing via the USB3 pors.
- My USB3 chipset is ASMEDIA.
Curious what others have experienced with USB thus far in Windows 10 and if anyone has had similar issues.
4,305 Views · 11 Replies ( Last reply by larryvogel )
What I often read and for some time also believed myself is that both Longhorn Milestone 1 and Milestone 2 are just some planning stages. This seems somewhat plausible since we simply do not have any material that proofs the existence of these milestones. At the time, however, it was common practice for Microsoft to plan the most critical features for the first two milestones (correct me if I'm wrong).
I noticed a debug message in 3683's Avalon HWND dispatcher* saying something about M2 specifically. Code snippet:
AvDebug.Prompt(this._dispatcherThread == Thread.CurrentThread, "For M2 the dispatcher is single threaded. Calling this method from another thread will not do what you expect.");
So, if you ask me that's really interesting.
* The Avalon HwndDispatcher basically mimics a normal Win32 app's window procedure. It's connected to a UiContext (later UIContext) which manages the user interface threads.
689 Views · 19 Replies ( Last reply by Solarstone2149 )
cyanogenmod12.ts - Aug 30 2015 11:59 PM
10532 is out.
Ludacris - Aug 27 2015 07:54 PM
Windows 3.10 VPC 2007 Video, Audio and Networking driver?
SilentEagle - Aug 24 2015 06:01 PM
IRC chat not working
Overdoze - Aug 23 2015 08:22 AM
[Release : TechNet / MSDN] 10514.0.TH2_RELEASE.150808-1529
gus33000 - Aug 19 2015 04:18 PM
Bing, Google, Chris123NT, Yahoo